Sunday, November 4, 2012

Better Late Than Never ...

I am delighted to say that one of my songs, Lonely Souls And Broken Hearts, is included in the next episode of Nashville 105 on the ABC TV series on November 7th at 10-11pm ET in the USA. I wrote the song at an IMRO Songwriting event held in Clifden in the West of Ireland in 2000, and recorded it on my Mood Swing Album with the Niall Toner Band on Avalon Records. Those Songwriter events that were sponsored and run by IMRO provided wonderful opportunities for Writers to get to know each other, and to write songs in co-operation that might never have been written otherwise. On this particular occasion, there were an uneven number of Writers in the house, and my name was the last out of the hat, and so I was left with no writing partner for that day. However, that's exactly the feeling [ of being 'left out' ] that led to my writing this little Country Song, and look at where it has led to, albeit after twelve years ! So, never say 'never' ....... This is a good example of how a composition that's been around for this long can find it's way on to a major TV Show, and should act as an example, and an encouragement to other writers who may be suffering from that 'is anything ever going to happen with my songs' feeling. Mind you, it has always been a favorite at our live gigs. Keep her goin' Patsy, best, Niall. November 2012.